Saturday, April 10, 2010

Split shot no more!

Having dealt with tungsten shotgun shells and learning a little more about the metal itself , I was a little bit skeptical that this fly would be to heavy for the way I like to fish spring creeks. I figured it might be useful if the waters were practically at flood stage, boy was I wrong. The Tungsten epoxy scud has been a breath of fresh air for me reducing my wind knots and giving me the ability to "GET DOWN" right away in some of the pools that don't have a very long run associated with them. Kim convinced me to give them a try and i am forever grateful. It hits the water with water with a little more "uuummpphhh", but has been a great fly for me this Spring. For you tiers out there, heres the recipe. if you want to listen without the background music I've provided, just go down to the bottom of the page and hit pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment