Wednesday, April 14, 2010

HOT WEATHER!




83 degrees, yes, 83 degrees in SW Wisconsin on April 14th. My "perspiration bucket" of emotion along with my columbia fishing shirt were quite full. We managed a few fish by searching riseless water with caddis patterns , but were working a new area. While some improvements to this "semi private" stretch looked promising, in my unprofessional opinion it still has a ways to go vegetation wise and total fish numbers wise before I would call it a "sleeper".
The wind was absolutely brutal today, gusting to almost 30 mph, My choice of a 4 weight slow action today was probably a little light for my casting ability. I definitely felt a little under gunned. A "hulk out" was on the verge of occurring after a complete birds nest between two flies, an indicator, and an an AB split shot became 'one". In a new zenlike moment, my cooler head prevailed, I took a deep breath and realized just how lucky i was to be sitting on this bank.

This rock in the picture was just LOADED with mayfly nymphs and caddis larvae, although their a little tough to see. Its my hope all of these guys get ready to emerge and fly in the the next three days!. I plan on updating nightly. Thunderstorms and rain are expected tonight, hopefully they will occur, and dirty up this gin clear water a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment