Sunday, October 2, 2011

A taste of Fowl



Every once in a while, I get a hankering to head out to a marsh in which I cut my teeth as a waterfowler.  It's not not a big marsh by any means, but it has a great variety of ducks that always keeps it interesting.
The sunrise always welcomes me home and fills the new day with anticipation of great reward.


The tool of the trade has changed throughout the years. It started out with a Remington in 1989, there were many  impostors in between, now back to the one who brought me.


The speculum color flashing brightly against the new beams of Sun, while the heft in your hand leaves a slight moment of regret.




The regret REALLY comes in the form of sore fingers after the daunting task of plucking a bird completely, but the skin makes it so OH so delicious.Especially when your wife can plate a dish like no other.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the anticipation! I have 2 weeks to wait, but get to go to N. Dakota, and the family is ready for some duck. Favorite time of the year...

    Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Casey!
    I love photos, and have tried to develop a " artistic eye"

    ReplyDelete