Monday, August 2, 2010

Pop, Pop, goes the Smallmouth

"Is there ANY better way to spend a sunday afternoon"?  That phrase must have been repeated at least 10 times during our drift on Sunday. All topwater, no rain, 80 degrees, and an absolute truckload of laughs was just what the doctor ordered. It was a crazy day from the start. While unloading Tim's boat, we met the Purdue university wrestling team (literally), and one of upland journals own (Gonehuntin) (what a pleasure), and saw water levels that were downright scary.
We decided from the onset that "topwater" was the only way to go this day as we finally had a day without Jim Cantore of the Weather Channel speaking about Wisconsins crazy weather. We produced on everything from Boogle bugs (proudly made in *&^%^$#$^)  to Chernobol ants.
The  "Americas funniest home videos" moment of the day belonged to yours truly. I set the hook on a 6 inch Smalllie so hard that it became "federal cartridge like" and whacked me in the beans and franks SO hard that I doubled over in pain on the bottom of the driftboat. It seriously would have won the grand prize of 10,000 dollars if it would have been filmed. A moment that if I wasn't in so much pain, I would have surely been laughing hysterically at my own plight.
What a great time seeing Randy nail a 19 incher, and hearing Tim proclaim me as the "Huck Finn' of his driftboat (the Laziest but most  adamant hook setter he's ever seen). It was a day I wont soon forget, and a day I thank God for his blessings, and the beauty he created.

1 comment:

  1. It was truly a pleasure to spend the day with you and Tim. More laughs than one could count and great fishing. Thank you for letting me be there, I realy appreciate it. For those out there following, do yourself a favor and book a trip with Tim, some of the best smallie fishing you will ever experience.
    Goosebum

    ReplyDelete