Monday, April 18, 2011

The new "Grouse Wagon"



I've ALWAYS wanted a Jeep, from the age of 16. That dream finally came true this last week. After being ridiculously tough of a plethora of larger Suv's, Pickups, Tahoe's, etc etc, I've decided to give the logging roads and back trails a run for their money. I can still keep my other cars pretty and use this for what its really intended for.
Its a 1999 Sahara with that was garage kept in the panhandle of Florida with only 46,000 miles on it. It really does look mint, and the owner averaged about 3000 miles a year in cruising with the top off. I have a few alterations I'd like to make, maybe a bit bigger tires, a bar across the front. This of course would aid in pushing "downed trees" out of the road (as I put a huge dent in my Tahoe last year doing the same thing).
I don't like snowmobiles, motorcycles, or  powerboats, so I guess this is my midlife crisis buy. I'm OK with that. The funny about Jeeps, is their like LEGOS for adults, their easy to build and have fun with!

2 comments:

  1. Can you fit in that thing? I'd add a bull bar in the front...and a winch. I know guys that use trucks hard for backcountry stuff and they all agree that a winch is a must. Pulling trees out of the way or getting yourself unstuck, they can come in handy. Can you please put a gun rack in the side window?

    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, yes i can fit in it. bull bar is a must.and if you EVER come hunting with me, i'll put a gun rack in it!

    ReplyDelete